Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An 'Lol' kinda day...



I adore home improvement stores.

I adore less when I'm visually stalked by every male in the building only for the simple fact that I do have a vagina and I am alone in a hardware store.

I had to stop by after teaching today to pick up some more tiles for new coaster sets I'm working on and had people who didn't even work there offering to help me find things. Helpful? Maybe. ODB? Probably!

Also, as I was leaving campus earlier, I had the pleasant experience of hearing the song "Laffy Taffy" by D4L on the radio. This may come as a surprise to those who don't know me aside from etsian/teacher/gardener, but I do in fact love me some rap music. Hence my two 12" rockford fosgate speakers in my trunk. So imagine my enjoyment when, as I was rocking and thumpin away, I turn to my right and see one of my students at the red light next to me.

They looked like I probably used to in elementary school whenever I saw a teacher outside of class and it was sooooo awkward. Like, I thought they all just worked/lived/slept in the school and never left.

An ode to my awkwardness: Laffy Taffy Scarf on Etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/beautifulbridget

2 comments:

Offbeat Follies said...

I like the paint chip area of Hardware stores. I like to imagine my room being any other color than white =P
Teacher breakin' it down! XD
BEAUTIFUL scarf ~ :D

Hannah said...

That is too funny!