Monday, March 15, 2010

Lettuce and why I love my house

After checking daily (okay, sometimes hourly) I've finally seen my first sprout! The lettuce seeds are starting to peek through the top of the soil and I couldn't be more giddy - it's been 5 days so their a bit early..hopefully this is a sign I'm not a massive gardening failure like I once believed :)



As I was heading back in I had to snap a pic of this wicked vine that's crawling up onto the lattice above the patio - and it inspired me to take a few photos of why I absolutely adore the house I'm in (A 116 year old Victorian).



These are the actual keys to one of the rooms upstairs


Uber creepy masks we found in the storage room!


Light switch that came in the guest bathroom


Stained glass window (one of two on the first staircase)


It truly is my dream home and I consider myself incredibly lucky to be living in it!

5 comments:

The Lavender Daisy said...

The stained glass window is beautiful!

CinnamonAndSass said...

I love those keys! How fun! The masks are terrifying though, yikes!

Heidi Renée said...

I think I would have had to take down the lightswitch cover right away. I feel icky even looking at it! And those masks... yikes! I love the idea of opening rooms with keys. It just seems so elegant!

Kerry_Kid Giddy said...

The light switch I'd remove in a heartbeat! The masks would be back in hiding - and I'd be sure to replace the new locks with the old ones to use those awesome keys again! My mom still does! They have never been replaced! Love them! k

Lee Dorsey said...

Ok, I thought I commented before but it didn't go through!!! The J'adore shirt??? GOLDEN girl....

http://cuffmate.blogspot.com